Hangar 9 P-51 Mustang S 8cc BNF with SAFE® Technology
The Hangar® 9 P-51 Mustang S 8cc petrol powered trainer is the beginner solution for club-pilots who want the fast track to flight success with a really cool plane. Based on the most celebrated fighter airplane ever, the Mustang S has been engineered to deliver a confident learning experience right from the first flight—even if you have never flown before.
The installed Evolution® 8cc petrol engine is engineered from the start to be simple to run, easy to start and reliable from the top of the tank to the bottom. It takes the convenience of petrol and combines it with outstanding efficiency. In short, you get the thrill engine performance can deliver plus a 90% savings over the cost of running a comparable glow-fuel powered engine.
Revolutionary SAFE® technology delivers sophisticated flight envelope protection that makes learning to fly more enjoyable than ever. That’s because the Spektrum™ AR636A DSMX® receiver installed combines industry-leading guidance with attitude awareness and exclusive software to deliver bank/pitch limitation assistance, outstanding stability and the comfort of Panic Recovery capability. Pre-programmed flight modes allow you to instantly choose the level of assistance you need plus the option to fly without any assistance at all for when you’re ready to advance. Never before has an engine powered beginner-friendly aircraft been this electronically advanced.
The expertly engineered all-wood structure offers a level of finish and long-life that’s unmatched by any other construction type. All the electronics and accessories have been installed, including the fuel tank so that the final assembly on your part is as minimal as possible. The finish and markings of the Hangar 9® UltraCote® covering convey a sense of realism. But it’s the way this P-51 Mustang S flies that will have you heading to the field every weekend—even after you’ve mastered the basics.
The P-51 Mustang S 8cc BNF petrol powered trainer is part of the complete line of top-quality Hangar 9® aircraft and accessories. All are engineered and crafted to exacting standards and feature the finest components and materials. Plus, every Hangar 9 product comes with the after-sale service and technical support you need to succeed
Some assembly required.
- Exclusive SAFE™ technology delivers flight envelope protection
- Panic Recovery mode switch quickly returns the model to level flight
- The club-level beginner airplane that looks cool
- Easy-to-use Evolution® 8cc petrol engine provides reliable, low-cost operation
- Ready to bind with your transmitter with Spektrum™ DSMX® technology
- (5) E-flite high-voltage servos offer full 4-channel control
- CNC engineered laser-cut, balsa and plywood construction
- Realistic 334th Fighter Squadron trim scheme
- Genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote&trade covering provides a brilliant finish
- Included LiPo battery powers both the receiver and ignition (charger included)
- Durable, one-piece wing for easy assembly at the flying field
- Clear cockpit provides a scale look and an ideal video camera mount location
- Wide-track main landing gear makes ground handling on rough-fields easy
- 8cc Evolution® 8GX petrol engine
- Petrol 87–92 octane plus 2-stroke oil, 20:1 oil ratio
- 1211mm (47.7 inch)
- Spektrum™ AR636A with SAFE™ technology (installed)
- 2.7 kg (5.9 lbs) w/o fuel
- 1390mm (54.7inch)