Hanger 9 ASW 20 4.7m Sailplane - ARTF (2 boxes)
Soaring offers a sense of adventure that uniquely connects a pilot to the environment in a way that’s both relaxing and challenging. Modern composite glider designs are both incredibly efficient and capable of amazing speed, enabling the pilot to conquer conditions as vast as there are sites to soar. Just one such marvel of aerospace technology is the Alexander Schleicher GmbH & Co. ASW 20 sailplane. Designed by Gerhard Waibel, it’s a 15-meter ship that’s proven successful as a trainer and in competition at the World Championship levels.
The Hangar 9® ASW 20 4.7m ARF is a model tribute to the single-seat sailplane. Its dramatic wingspan puts it above the 1/3-scale category; however its lightweight allows options not typically found in a giant-scale glider. The sleek fuselage is moulded fibreglass right up to the vertical fin for a contoured appearance that’s as elegant as the original. Solid carbon-fibre rods support the foam-core wing panels, while balsa sheeting and carbon-fibre spar caps help assure that the Selig airfoil is accurate and rigid. To complement the brilliant painted finish of the fuselage, the wings and horizontal stabiliser are covered in genuine Hangar 9 UltraCote™ film.
As you might expect from a model of this caliber, a scale electric retract and tow release is available. The flaps are functional and the horizontal stabiliser is removable just like the full-size. There are even pockets located in the wings for electric spoilers. But the option that takes this masterpiece of soaring to another level is the practical application of an electric motor system. The specially made spinner (available separately) fits the contour of the nose so that the motor drive is practically invisible during flight. As a result, the ASW 20 4.7m is a great way to join the world of RC Aero Tow flying as well as a giant-scale electric powered dream machine.
If adding the thrill of giant scale soaring is the way you’d like to climb higher, add the Hangar 9 ASW 20 4.7m ARF to your fleet now.
- True scale outline of the full-size ASW 20
- Pure glider or electric powered sailplane options
- Fibreglass fuselage with a high-gloss painted finish
- Foam-core wing construction that’s fully sheeted with balsa
- Carbon-fibre wing joiners and spar caps
- Pre-hinged flap and aileron control surfaces
- Ready to accept electric spoilers (EFL491009)—sold separately
- Balsa sheeted rudder and horizontal tail
- Cockpit tub and crystal clear canopy hatch
- Electric retract ready (EFLG530S)
- Removable T-tail with pre-hinged elevator
- Complete high-quality hardware package included
- E-flite Power 60B, 470Kv (EFLM4060B) Optional
- 2.74m (89.5inch)
- Hangar 9® 16 x 10 folding propeller (HAN495512)
- Receiver Included:
- Recommended Spektrum AR9110 9-Channel DSMX PowerSafe Receiver (SPMAR9110)
- (2) Spektrum 4000mAh 2S2P 7.4V LiPo Battery (SPMB4000LP-Recommended) or E-flite 5000mAh 6S 22.2V 30C LiPo Battery (EFLB50006S30-Recommended)
- (V2) (installed)
- Flying: 8.80kg (19.5lbs
- 4.70m (185.5inch)