Maxford USA Globe/Temco Swift EP 56" w/Electric Retracts ARTF
The Globe/TEMCO Swift is one of the most famous civil aircraft after WWII. As of today, there are still many active Swift fans flying across the world.
In 1940 R.S. "Pop" Johnson of Fort Worth, Texas, designed and built the Swift as what today would be called a "homebuilt." In 1946 the Swift was redesigned by K.H."Bud" Knox, production was financially secured by John Kennedy, president of the Globe Medicine Company, and the Globe Swift went into production by the newly formed Globe Aircraft Company. Advertised as the "All-Metal Swift" to set it apart from early wood, tube, and fabric prototypes, the Globe Swift was the very first low-wing, two-place, retractable-gear civil aircraft. National advertising resulted in great demand and a backlog of orders, but demand was not sustained. The Globe Aircraft Company was forced into insolvency and Temco Aircraft Corporation (TEMCO) obtained manufacturing rights for the Swift in 1947. A grand total of 1,521 Globe/TEMCO Swifts were built by the time TEMCO permanently ended production in 1951.
Many modifications were made to the Globe/TEMCO Swift during its years of production and in the hands of private owners. Maxford USA's ARF Globe Swift is close in appearance to the actual early-production Globe Swift, though some necessary changes were made to meet the needs and expectations of RC pilots and to facilitate factory production. This Swift is the 1st mass-produced RC aeroplane plane with built-in leading edge slats in the industry.
- Authentic and functional wing-tip slats and trailing edge flaps.
- Prepainted scale-looking fiberglass cowl with Max-Cowling attachment.
- Pre-trimmed oversized cockpit canopy allows easy access and is secured by alignment pins and powerful magnets.
- Adjustable motor box to fit most types of motors.
- Wing panels are easily removable for transport and storage.
- Pre-installed electronic retracts.
- Optional Detail Upgrade Package- scale dashboard and 2 1/8 pilots.
- Wingspan: 56in (1422mm)
- Wing Area: 390sq.in
- Length: 40in (1016mm)
- ARF weight: 2lbs 13oz (1.28Kg)
- Flying weight: 3lbs 9oz (1.62Kg)
- Battery Required: 3S/2100 mAh Li-Po 20C battery
- Radio Required: 6-Channel, 6 Mini Servos