Seagull’s passion to deliver aeroplanes that both excite and enthuse is exemplified in this traditional balsa and ply ARTF, inspired by the Douglas A-1 Skyraider single seat attack aircraft. Decorated in the colours of a French Air Force Skyraider based at Boufarik, Algeria, in July 1960, Seagull’s model features pre-built and pre-covered fuselage, wing and tail assemblies, pre-installed hinges throughout, and a neatly painted glass fibre cowl, the whole designed to make light work of the basic assembly process. As with all Seagull kits this one comes beautifully wrapped in Oracover heat-shrink film sporting a realistic satin finish, appropriate decals and a host of desirable scale features, such as dummy radial engine detail, flaps, a pilot, and a full complement of bombs and missiles.
Being a scale model and a warbird it’ll come as no surprise that the Skyraider is not for beginners, however if you’re a confident and competent intermediate or advanced pilot you’ll just love its flight stability and surprising aerobatic capability. Suitable for 10 - 15cc internal combustion engines – or equivalent electric power – and 5-channel radio (7 servos), the Seagull Skyraider builds into a shining example of the imposing full-size and, since youll not have seen many of these at the flying field, has tremendous appeal.
- Optional electric conversion kit included.
- Flying skill level - Intermediate / Advanced
- Covered in genuine Qracover film.
- Operational flaps for improved control and scale landing approaches.
- Accurate scale outline and details.
- Glass fibre cowl and dummy radial engine moulding.
- Fully sheeted aerofoil tail surfaces for improved flight characteristics.
- Wing mounted guns, drop tank, rockets, and bombs.
- Two piece plug-in wings for easy transport.
- Large removable top hatch for easy radio and flight battery access.
- Cockpit detail and lightweight pilot included.
- Wing mounted navigation light set included.
- 1 x Comprehensive instruction manual.
- 1 x Pre-built and covered fuselage assembly.
- 1 x Pre-built and covered wing panel set.
- 1 x Pre-built and covered tailplane.
- 1 x Pre-painted glass fibre cowl.
- 1 x Aluminium tubular wing joiner.
- 1 x Pilot figure.
- 1 x Pre-built and covered rudder assembly.
- 1 x Electric power conversion kit.
- 15 x Wing stores (rockets, bombs and drop tank (with mounts).
- 2 x Fixed, alloy, sprung undercarriage legs.
- 1 x Quality hardware pack (wheels, fuel tank, horns, linkages etc.)
- Wingspan (mm): 1600
- Length (mm): 1215
- Recd engine (cc): 10 - 15
- Wing area (sq. in): 637
- Weight (g): 3900
Needed to complete
- 1 x 10 - 15cc petrol / glow engine or electric equivalent.
- 1 x 5-channel (minimum) transmitter / receiver combo.
- 7 x Standard servos.
- 1 x Propeller to suit chosen engine.