AXIAL AX10™ RIDGECREST™ Brushed Electric RC Rock Crawler - RTR
While the shaft-driven AX10™ chassis made crawling available to the masses, the market was split into two categories; scale and competition. Axial answered both with the development of the SCX10™ realistic metal c-channel frame which became the de-facto chassis for the scale scene, while the XR10™ answered the call for a motor-on-axle competition rig and claimed the national title. Then, with a close eye on development within the full-size rock racing niche, Axial delivered the Wraith™, further expanding the radio control crawling / rock racing categories.
- Chassis: The AX10™ features a tube style chassis design that makes the truck more durable, lightweight and rigid.
- Drive: A locked differential provides the most positive wheel traction in all off-road environments and conditions and requires less maintenance over oil-filled or silicone based differentials. These are easily serviced by removing four screws to gain access for rebuilding and performance tuning as well. Four wheel with Dana 60 inspired AR60 OCP-Axles and WB8 Wild Boar splined driveshafts
- Motor: 20T Brushed Electric. Tear up the terrain, be it flat out desert, rocky roads or crawling! Easy operation: no tuning, no fuel, no loud exhaust noise. Just plug 'n' go! Our design allows for optional 550 size motors to fit as well.
- Radio: Axial AX3 2.4GHz 2-channel pistol grip with servo reverse, steering and throttle trim and battery indicator light.
- Receiver: • AR-3 2.4GHz receiver - no crystals required.
• No frequency conflicts for worry-free driving.
• Bind button and LED indicator makes setup easy!
• Lightweight, compact size.
- Electronic Speed Control: The Axial AE-2 ESC was developed in partnership with Castle Creations and features LiPo cutoff, drag brake for tough crawling situations, a Tamiya style plug connector and is programmable via Castle Link™ (Castle Link™ not included). The AE-2 ESC is held in place vertically by a secure, clip-in style plastic mounting system just behind the radio box. Facing the rear of the truck helps keep debris and water away from the ESC.
- Differentials: Locked type for the greatest amount of traction in all off-road situations
- Bumpers: Front and rear tube style, constructed of plastic, black in color
- Battery Tray: The battery tray and electronics mount are easily adjustable for a number of configurations - battery in the rear, in the forward position, upside down, etc. Each of these adjustments allow you to setup your AX10™ for the best possible handling.
- Shocks: Axial competition style shocks feature threaded shock bodies for tuning and easy pre-load adjustment, 3.5mm titanium nitride coated shock shafts for reduced lateral movement, silicone diaphragms for a more consistent feel and silicone bushings to prevent binding.
- Suspension: The suspension geometry utilizes a 4-Link design which is optimized to reduce axle steer and to have the proper amount of anti-squat and roll characteristics. The 4-Link system also aids against suspension wrap-up in high power applications.
- Tires: Ripsaw™ tires are mounted and pre-glued to 8-spoke Raceline Renegade Wheels right from the factory. The Axial 2.2 Ripsaw™ tire offers both a realistic and aggressive tread design for the ultimate scale appearance and performance. Ripsaw 5.5" (140mm) diameter, 2.1" (53.3mm) wide.
- Wheels: Pre-mounted 2.2 Raceline Renegade Wheels with 12mm hex mount which is reinforced with additional material and ribbing. Finished in a two-tone Black/Chrome scheme for great looks.
- Spur Gear: 87T (Note: manual has incorrect part # referenced)
- Spur Gear Cover: The protective transmission spur gear cover helps keep dirt and debris out of your pinion and spur gear for a quiet and efficient drivetrain.
- Slipper Clutch: Allows the motor to work more efficiently and greatly enhances the durability of the drivetrain allowing the transmission to slip in hard binds.
- Protective Receiver Box: Designed to protect the electronics from some serious off-road dust and debris.
INCLUDES: RTR AX10 Ridgecrest 1/10 scale Crawler, 20T Motor, 2.4GHz 2-channel Radio, Painted Body and instruction Manual
REQUIRES: AA Batteries: Four for transmitter Battery: 6-cell 7.2V stick pack with standard connector Battery Charger: To match selected battery Track and maintenance equipment
- Vehicle- Length: 18.4" (467.4mm)
- Width: 11.6" (295.3mm)
- Height: 9.38" (238mm)
- Wheelbase: 12.1" (307mm)
- Ground Clearance: 3" (76.2mm)
- Weight: 4.2lbs (1.9kg)
- Body- Length: 16.8" (427mm)
- Width: 5.9" (151mm) ahead of rear wheels, widest point Height: 5.7" (145mm)