Aeronautica Imperialis: Taros Air War Campaign Book
UK Delivery: £2.99
Taros was an unassuming mining world nestled in the Ultima Segmentum, faithfully toiling in the service of the Imperium of Man for thousands of years… or so it seemed. The T’au Empire quietly began trading with the planetary governor – when this treachery was discovered, the Imperium’s response was relentless and brutal.
This beautiful 96-page hardback campaign book includes the following (plus loads more):
- A matt-finish cover with gloss spot finish highlights, plus a ribbon bookmark in drab green.
- The full Aeronautica Imperialis game rules, including how to build your force using Squadron Lists, perform Ace Manoeuvres, field different classes of aircraft and unleash ground defences. Learn how to manoeuvre your aircraft, adjust their altitude and change speed while avoiding the risks of crashing and breaking up (if you exceed your maximum speed). There are even rules for special manoeuvres including landing, taxiing, and taking-off.
- In-depth background on the war to retake Taros from established T’au Empire armies, in particular the air war and daring low-altitude skirmishes.
- New rules for Flying at Low Altitude, Terrain Height, Collisions, Rolling Areas of Engagement, and Falling Behind.
- Five scenarios, including The Dogfight, The Chase, Subterranean Assault, Sky-Fortress Attack and Canyon Attack Run.
- Rules for campaign play, including how to replace destroyed aircraft and level up your pilots as they gain experience.
- Squadron Lists, providing details of the following aircraft, including their weapon options and special rules: Avenger Strike Fighter, Lightning Strike Fighter, Imperial Arvus Lighter, Valkyrie Assault Carrier, Vulture Gunship, Barracuda, Tiger Shark and Remora Drone.
- Rules for ground assets such as the Hydra Flak Battery, Basilisk Anti-Aircraft Emplacement, KV 126 Skyfire Platform and KV 129 Stormfury Platform.
- Rules for the following legendary ace pilots: Flight Commander Megana Ayce, Flight Lieutenant Dyce Vander, Kor’la Kae O’ar and Kor’la Dor’n O’ka – each including a profile of their aircraft and special rules.
- Example colour schemes of Imperial Navy, Astra Militarum and T’au Air Caste aircraft.
- A reference page showing the eight different manoeuvres aircraft can take, as well as a 2-page quick reference containing the key game rules.