DPR Rare Bird (Rubber Powered)
UK Delivery: £3.89
An attractive, free-flight sailplane that offers an absorbing traditional build, towline launch and exceptional flying characteristics.
For those who already have a little model-making experience the Rare Bird offers a quality and immensely satisfying build due in no small part to its crisp laser-cut components, accurate full-size plan and lightweight wood selection. Sporting traditional tissue covering, a hook and line tow system and a banded wings this gentle flyer offers all the challenges and rewards of stick ‘n’ tissue aeromodelling. It get’s better though! Experienced modellers with a trained eye will already have realised the potential for the Rare Bird to be converted to simple single-channel radio control, or even two-channel with a motor pod. The possibilities for this kit are limited only by your imagination and your skill. The Rare Bird, then, a comfortable build for the relative beginner or an exciting challenge for the experienced radio flyer.
- Wingspan (mm): 900
- Length (mm): 685
- Power source: Towline
- Construction: Balsa & tissue
- Outstanding flying characteristics.
- Offers the full Stick ‘n’ tissue build experience.
- Everything included except glue, clear dope and thinners.
- Accurate laser cut balsa parts help speed assembly.
- Banded wing and tailplane system.
- Traditional lightweight tissue covering.
- Can be converted to radio control.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
- 1 x Laser cut balsa parts set.
- 1 x strip wood bundle for spars and longerons.
- 1 x Sandpaper sheet.
- 1 x Rare Bird water-slide decal sheet.
- 1 x Towline and handle.
- 1 x Towline marker flag.
- 2 x Tissue paper sheets to cover the airframe.
- 1 x Full-size plan.
- 1 x Pre-cut clear acetate for canopy.
- 1 x Small bag of nose weights.
- 1 x Translucent acetate sheet to cover the plan.
- 1 x Comprehensive step-by-step instruction manual.
REQUIRED TO COMPLETE:
- Glue (balsa cement, PVA or cyano).
- Craft knife
- Model pins